Posts for tag: Nerve Pain
How your chiropractor can help with nerve pain
If you’ve ever suffered nerve pain, you remember the stabbing, jolting pain which can keep you from enjoying the activities of your life. There are many medical conditions which can cause nerve pain, but now there is some help. It’s time to see your chiropractor, Dr. Trek R. Smith in Brunswick, Georgia. He can help you take back your health and enjoy your life.
Nerve pain can show up in many different ways. Dr. Trek Smith wants you to be able to recognize the symptoms of nerve problems, so you will know when to seek out his help. You may experience:
- Muscle weakness or numbness
- Stabbing or radiating pain
- Loss of motor control
- Trouble walking, sitting or standing
- Headaches and blurred vision
You can suffer nerve pain from compressed or pinched nerves, and the pain can affect many areas of your body including your back, shoulders, neck, arms and legs. Problems with vertebral alignment in your spine, osteoarthritis, traumatic accidents or disc injuries are common culprits for nerve pain.
If you have nerve damage, it can result in permanent damage to your body systems and organs, bladder and bowel problems, and in severe cases, paralysis.
It’s important to seek help right away because if you delay treatment, more damage may occur. Dr. Trek Smith has several effective therapies to treat nerve pain, including:
- Spinal decompression therapy, a non-surgical traction treatment to decompress your spine and relieve compression and pinching of nerves in the spine.
- Ultrasound therapy, to provide deep heating relief to the muscles beneath your skin; this treatment improves blood circulation and encourages relaxation of muscles.
- Electrical Stimulation, during which slight electrical pulses are applied to injured areas, increasing blood flow and reducing pain.
- Manipulation and massage; Dr. Trek Smith will apply targeted or gentle pressure to an affected area, resulting in less tension, reduced swelling and increased range-of-motion.
You don’t have to suffer from nerve pain. You deserve to live a life of pain-free movement and Dr. Trek Smith can help. Don’t wait to get treatment. Call your chiropractor, Dr. Trek R. Smith in Brunswick, Georgia and schedule an appointment. Call today and feel better!