The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. Our team of chiropractic professionals empower patients to take charge of your own health and future, educating you about your condition to decrease your need for future care. We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable, practical wellness information which you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to contact our practice at any time to make an appointment with Dr. Trek Smith and/or one of our massage therapists.
Check out our Health Tips page for some great information on keeping you and your family healthy!
A neurological examination is sometimes performed to determine if any part of your body has incurred damage to its central nervous system. Many health problems have been associated with nerve damage, and such, this exam can significantly improve the chances of making a thorough diagnosis.
A neurological exam involves a thorough exploration of the body's arms, legs, and trunk.
If you have a neurological exam, your chiropractor may look for signs of:
- Bowel or bladder problems.
- Gait problems (walking, running, climbing stairs, etc.).
- Muscle spasms or twitching.
- Numbness, tingling, or pain and whether changing positions relieves those symptoms.
- Problems with balance.
- Weakened muscle strength and tone.
- Weakened reflexes (a sign of possible damage to the spinal cord, nerves, or muscles.
- Weakness (consistent or intermittent) in your arms or legs.